Compare-and-contrast the Obama agenda with Karl Marx's 10-point program of Communism
If This Doesn’t Wake You, Call The Coroner - You’re Dead!
By Dell Hill via Director Blue
Regular readers of this blog have read my glowing, highly complimentary comments concerning Doug Ross @ Journal blog. I read Doug’s blog before I check my own each morning! I highly recommend you do the same.
At some point in my life, I hope to write articles as good as this!
According to Karl Marx, the following ten elements were requisite conditions for "a transition from capitalism to communism."
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes. Washington Examiner: The great Obama land grab:
"White House officials have been meeting quietly with environmental
groups to map out government plans for acquiring untold millions of
acres of both public and private land... The federal government, as the
memo boasted, is the nation's 'largest land manager.' It already owns
roughly one of every three acres in the United States... This is apparently not enough."
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax. National Taxpayer Union:
The top 1% of taxpayers already pay 40% of all income taxes. The top 5%
pay 61% of all income taxes. And the top 25% pay 87%. The bottom 50%
pay 3% of all income taxes. And Democrats want more from entrepreneurs: "Democrats seek a new 'Millionaire's Tax'."
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance. Idaho Statesman: "Sen.
Mike Crapo, R-Idaho [is] writing an estate tax bill that would help
family farms remain in family hands... Thanks, Sen. Crapo, for helping
pen something that truly helps rural [Americans]."
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants [those leaving the country] and rebels. New York Post: The President's new jobs-killer:
"...President Obama explicitly targeted ... industry for two massive
tax hikes. First, he'd ban oil and gas companies from using the 'Section
199' tax credit, a measure for domestic manufacturers enacted in 2004
to boost US employment... Second, he wants to end 'dual capacity'
protection for US energy firms... Without this shield against double taxation on foreign revenues, American companies would be competing on an uneven global playing field... Yet, by the federal government's own economic model, these tax hikes would lead to huge, immediate job losses."
5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly. New York Post: Democrats, Fannie Mae still issuing subprime loans, even after meltdown. Politics Daily: "Obama's Risky Plan: Government Takeover of the Student Loan Business." And New American: "$5 Debit Card Fee: Don't Blame Banks — but Durbin, Dodd, Frank, the Fed."
6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State. Tom's Hardware: "Bill Allows Obama Power to Shut Down Internet." And "Advertisers on talk radio targeted by Congressional investigations." And "In
an exclusive interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, President Obama
made the extraordinary claim that Fox News is 'destructive to
[America's] long-term growth.'."
Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the
State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement
of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan. National Legal and Policy Center: "Obama Arranges Takeover of GM and Chrysler; Auto Workers Union Gets Huge Stake." And Discover: "New EPA Rules Clamp Down on Mountaintop Removal Coal Mining." And "Obama shuts down Keystone XL pipeline, says no to 20,000 jobs." And News 9 Oklahoma: "EPA to Crack Down on Farm Dust."
8. Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture. Wall Street Journal: "SEIU’s Stern Tops White House Visitor List." And The Blaze: "Obama’s OFA, Churches Join Democratic Socialists for Saturday March in Washington."
Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual
abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more
equitable distribution of the population over the country. Heritage: "The Clean Water Restoration Act Means Troubled Waters For Property Owners":
"...The Waxman-Markey global warming bill is far and away the most
worrisome environmental measure currently working its way through
Congress, but it is certainly not the only cause for concern... S. 787,
the Clean Water Restoration Act (CWRA)... would do much more harm than
good, especially for farmers, ranchers, developers, energy producers,
and other property owners."
Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of
children's factory labour in its present form. Combination of education
with industrial production.: New York Sun: "Obama Tells Teachers Union He Opposes Vouchers." And Big Hollywood: "[Teachers' Union] NEA: Obama’s Ministry of Propaganda."
* * * * * * * * *
federal government has damaged the American free market more than this
one. No federal government has stolen more employment, more freedom,
more private property -- from this and future generations -- than this
one. No government has created more regulations, more unconstitutional
dictates, more -- dare I say it -- indentured servitude than this one.
Now, given all of these facts: can there be any doubt what Barack Obama meant when he twice proposed, "a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" as our military?
The Obama-Democrat Left has mounted the first successful counter-revolution -- against the American Revolution -- in our history. Using an incessant series of attacks by a fifth column,
the intent of the counter-revolution is to eradicate the effects of the
American Revolution. The most magnificent society ever created hangs in
Next November represents our last chance to salvage the American experiment.
your parents, your children, your siblings, your neighbors, your
coworkers -- marshal everyone you know, because the stakes could not be
(Emphasis & color change added by DRH)
• The Obama Temptation by Mark R. Levin: Corner (11/3/2008)
• Barack Obama, Fabian Socialist: Forbes (11/3/2008)
Hat tip: Mark Levin.